Hemorrhoids are known for its painful symptoms. The bleeding during defecation the irritation it causes by itching and paining throughout. To understand the problem, we must know what we are dealing with. What do hemorrhoids and how come they got into you? How can you get rid of it and what would be the ideal treatments. Let us go step by step to understand the universe of Hemorrhoids.
Hemorrhoids are the swollen veins, which developed from an increased pressure you applied knowingly or unknowingly in the lower rectum. Hemorrhoids can be of two types:
Internal Hemorrhoids: In this case, the swollen gland would occur inside the rectum and thus would start bleeding the moment stool passes through. This is not painful and only bleeding would be witnessed, as the pain-sensing nerves are not present inside the rectum.
- External Hemorrhoids: The hemorrhoids occurring at the anal opening or around the anal region with same properties cause bleeding and it hurts as well.
There can be several reasons for it and few of them can be:
- You straining during your bowel Movements
- If in past you had constipation or suffered from Diarrhea
- Obesity takes the troll over your body in many way ways. And hemorrhoids are one of them.
- Post pregnancy hemorrhoids are something very common.
- Anal Intercourse causes the widening of the skin membrane and thus causes Hemorrhoids.
- Low Fiber diets can become a serious issue like constipation and Hemorrhoids.
Let us bust the myths and gets acquainted by the facts around Hemorrhoids:
- Hemorrhoids are permanent: No, they are not. Medical news today and many more institutes have clearly declared that hemorrhoids are like an internal would which tends to heal on its own. Every case is different though and would need different attention and healings.
- Spicy food causes Hemorrhoids: No they do not cause Hemorrhoids, but after getting hemorrhoids one must not go for spicy food. As whatever you eat would come back at you while defecation. And greater the acidic bowel, great it will pain.
- It is communicable: No it is not communicable and thus does not spread.
- Hemorrhoids are the first step to cancer: No it is not so. This is also a myth and cancer is something very different. Here the thinning of tissues has caused the veins to swell and thus you got diagnosed with Hemorrhoids.
Since it’s a wound, there are many ways it can be cured. You can call it a “5 steps for faster healing”.
Get yourself a prescribed stool-softening agent. The main reason for getting the hemorrhoids to go worse is the amount of irritability it gets. Softening the stool will make your defecation a lot easier.
Maintaining hygiene will be your priority. Hemorrhoids will not let you stay clean after defecation. Use of tissues won't be a good idea, as it would worsen the pain. Dr. Numb Topical Anesthetic Disinfectant Foaming Soap is one of the highest selling foaming soap for such medical conditions.
Change your diet plans. You need to have a lot of probiotics like yogurt. Intake of water must rise, as you will have to maintain the water balance and get on high fiber diet.
Rinse the hemorrhoids in a warm bowl of water. Do it 4-5 times day. Do take warm Showers and home remedies like an application of turmeric can be beneficial.
Opt for loose clothes. You can even try numbing creams like Dr. Numb Topical Anesthetic Cream. It is far better than painkillers as it won't re-calibrate you gastrointestinal functions and would give better results than a painkiller. On its application, the skin numbs for 3-4 hours and thus you can get relief from pain and itching sensation.
Don’t be afraid of Hemorrhoids. Be wise enough to consult the doctor before coming o any conclusion and patience with hygienic treatment would make the healing way faster.