Hemorrhoid is an annoying condition that most people are embarrassed to talk about. The most common way to treat hemorrhoids is by using effective hemorrhoid cream under the guideline of the doctor, however, many of these medications are easily available over-the-counter on the market. While most medications for hemorrhoids are available over-the-counter, it may cause a lot of problems if not used correctly, or may even make the hemorrhoid disease worse. So, patients who are using hemorrhoid cream without consulting a doctor must figure out which hemorrhoid cream is suited for their current condition.
It is better to figure out beforehand whether the hemorrhoid cream is effective for hemorrhoid patients. Only if you have figured out its effectiveness, you can go for a particular type of hemorrhoid cream for the treatment. However, if the symptoms of hemorrhoids are severely worse, in such cases patients are recommended to see a doctor for proper diagnosis and further follow-up the prescription and guidelines of your doctor.
It is best to cure the hemorrhoids with topical creams, as no one wants to adopt the way of surgery to for the treatment.
Over-the-counter (OTC) hemorrhoid creams are widely available in your nearby stores and pharmacies. It is an easy and effective way to temporarily improve hemorrhoidal symptoms, such as irritation, pain, swelling, and itching. For instance, Dr. Skin Aid, a natural first aid cream is used to help relieve of the symptoms of various skin conditions like hemorrhoids. It contains Argentum Metallicum in three potencies (30X, 20X and 12X HPUS). By combining various potencies, the range of action of the active ingredient is enhanced.
But do you know many patients don’t use hemorrhoid cream correctly and rest of them are not even sure if they should apply hemorrhoid cream internally or externally?
Here are our correct instructions for using hemorrhoid cream:
The use of hemorrhoid creams externally or internally depends on your symptoms. If you have hemorrhoid symptoms outside of your anus, it needs to be applied externally:
- You need to apply a small amount of cream outside of your anus using your finger.
- You have to use hemorrhoid cream two to three times daily.
- Thoroughly wash your hands after each application.
- You only have to use the cream for a short period of time; the course is not more than a week. Stop at any time when the symptoms improve or disappear.
- You can again use the cream when hemorrhoid symptoms persist or reoccur.
If the external use does not provide enough relief, then you may be suffering from internal hemorrhoids and the swollen blood vessels are inside your anus. In this case, you need to apply hemorrhoid cream internally to get rid of the annoying symptoms.
- Try to have a bowel movement before using the hemorrhoid cream.
- Squeeze the cream tube to fill the applicator.
- Use petroleum jelly to lubricate the end of the applicator.
- Gently insert the applicator into your rectum to apply the cream.
- Remove the applicator and wash it properly along with your hands with soap and warm water.
- Don’t try to have a bowel movement within two hours after applying the cream.
- Only use the cream for a short period of time, but the course is of no more than a week. You may stop as soon as you see improvement or the symptoms disappear.
Always remember, if you are suffering from hemorrhoid symptoms repeatedly, then you immediately need to see your doctor in a hemorrhoid clinic and get the condition treated with proper medications.